The Australian and New Zealand addiction conference
The conference is organised by the Australian and New Zealand Mental Health Association (ANZMH). The conference will address the treatment and recovery of alcohol, other drugs and behavioural addictions. It will take a collaborative approach to look at addiction holistically.
The conference will cover:
- drug policy
- prevention research and policy
- AOD advertising and marketing research
- Indigenous AOD issues in the prison population
- rural addiction issues
- older persons AOD use.
Keynote speakers include:
- Mr Eric Allan, Executive Manager, Residential Services, Odyssey House
- Associate Professor Lucinda Burns, Senior Lecturer, National Drug and Alcohol Research Centre, University of New South Wales
- Mr Stephen Ling, Nurse Practitioner (NP), Drug and Alcohol Consultation Liaison Service, John Hunter Hospital, Hunter New England Local Health District and Conjoint Teacher, University of Newcastle
- Dr Vladan Starcevic, MD, PhD, FRANZCP A/Professor of Psychiatry, Sydney Medical School, Nepean, The University of Sydney and Department of Psychiatry Nepean Hospital.
Abstracts close Wednesday 28 January 2015.
Australian and New Zealand Addiction Conference
PO Box 29
Nerang Qld 4211
Ph: (07) 5502 2068
Fax: (07) 5527 3298