The Australian Society for Medical Research Indigenous health public forum
The theme of this forum is Healthy start, strong family. The focus of the forum will be the impact of harmful lifestyles in early pregnancy and legal perspective.
Topics will include:
- legal implications of harmful lifestyles on health outcomes
- stress during pregnancy
- foetal alcohol syndrome
- health issues affecting our Indigenous community from birth to elder
- recommendations from legal and health experts and our Indigenous community.
- Mr Joshua Creamer, Barrister, President Indigenous Lawyers Association of Queensland
- Prof Elizabeth Elliott, Paediatrician with expertise in foetal alcohol syndrome. Children's Hospital, Westmead
- Prof Lisa Jackson Pulver, Chair of Indigenous Health at UNSW Australia
- Ms Lorian Hayes, Epidemiologist, Founder National Indigenous Australian Foetal Alcohol Education Network. University of Queensland
- Chair: Ms Munya Andrews, Barrister.
Registration is free.
9/397 Smith St
Fitzroy VIC 3065
Ph: (03) 8658 953